As a Nutritionista/Foodie (this means that I love eating so I NEEDED ways to enjoy it guilt free), finding “Balance Bowls” have been my life at lunch time recently.
These bowls are easy to make, can be made in bulk and packed with pretty much everything your body needs to stay full and energized for the rest of your work day, and perfect for fat loss! Vegans? I know how hard it can be to get your protein needs, so these are perfect for you!
Almost any raw, vegan or organic restaurant will offer versions of these bowls, and almost every time I’ll order one! Here’s a few I had recently.
How to make your own Balance Bowls (or rice bowls, whatever floats your boat):
- Pick a base:
- Rice (brown, basmati, long grain, etc.)
- Pick a bean (for a complete protein if you are going meat free):
- Black beans
- Navy Beans
- Pick your vegetables (you can saute these too if you want a warm and cold BB):
- Shredded cabbage
- Leafy greens
- Sweet Potato (substitute with beans if you’re looking to eat less starch)
- I could probably finish the alphabet with the variety of vegetables you can add but you get the idea…
- A little fruit:
- Dried cranberries
- Top with some healthy fats/protein:
- Sesame seeds
- Hemp seeds
- Pumpkin seeds
- Sunflower seeds
- Lean Chicken Breast
- Add some dressing!
- Hemp dressing
- Healthy Fat Oils (Avocado, EVOO, Coconut)
Done! As I said this can be prepared so quickly and you can make enough to last you for at least 3 or 4 days of lunches! They’re so colorful and all the different flavors will leave you wanting more – but also satisfied. Get creative with yours and even match it to popular dishes within your culture.
Have you tried these before or will you soon? Let me know 🙂