Do you often feel hungry between meals but can’t decide what to snack on, while still staying on track with your fat loss goals? Depending on your eating patterns or if you suffer from hypoglycemia, you may need to snack every 2 -3 hours. Studies have shown that snacking every 2 – 3 hours keeps your metabolism going and thus, aiding in fat loss. However, there are studies that show this isn’t necessarily true, as every person is unique with different metabolic processes.
Whether you are like me and need to snack every 2 – 3 hours or you can simply eat just 3 meals a day, it’s still a great idea to have high-protein snacks on hand in your fridge, cupboard, or wherever you go. High protein snacks will keep you full longer and are relatively low in calories.
These 10 healthy and high protein snacks are all 200 calories or less and are sure to keep you full, satisfied, and on track to your fat loss goals!
- 1/4 cup Unsalted Nuts – Roughly 200 calories
- 1 Rice Cake and 1 tbsp Almond Butter or half Avocado- Roughly 150 calories
- 1/4 cup Roasted Pumpkin Seeds – Roughly 120 calories
- 1 Medium Apple and 1 tbsp Nut Butter – Roughly 170 calories
- 1 Quest (or any low sugar) Protein Bar – Roughly from 160 – 200 calories
- 1/2 cup shelled Edamame – Roughly 150 calories
- Small Protein Smoothie (1/4 cup berries, 1/2 cup low fat milk or fortified milk substitute and 1 scoop low sugar protein powder) – Roughly 150 – 200 calories
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs – Keep in mind that this will be your recommended cholesterol for the day, so if you eat meat you may want to have egg whites instead. – Roughly 180 calories
- 1 cup Cottage cheese or 0% Greek Yogurt with 1/4 cup Blueberries or Raspberries – Roughly 200 calories
- Veggies (Broccoli, Carrots, Celery, Cauliflower, etc.) and 1/4 cup Hummus – Roughly 150 calories
Snacking should never be seen as a bad thing, rather an essential to keep you on track towards healthy fat loss. Make sure you’re always making the right portion choices (as outlined above), keeping it high-protein and switch it up once in a while!
Do you have any snacks you didn’t see here that help you feel full til your next meal?